Wednesday 25 January 2012

39. Survive on £35 for a week - food and drink for two


I always find it frustrating when people say they can't afford to live. I gave myself a budget of £35 to feed two adults for seven days - my hubby is a farmer and has an enormous appetite as any of my friends will verify. Unfortunately he dislikes pasta or I could have lived on far less! As it was, we lived well for the week - I didn't compromise on quality and purchased a free range chicken and free range eggs. We enjoyed a week of basic cereals for breakfast and home made bread (only a fraction of the cost of super market bread), a variety of soups, baked beans, left overs or eggs for lunch and evening meals consisted of roast chicken, sausage casserole, liver & onions, Spanish omelette, fish, vegetable casserole and chicken pie. I even had 4p left in my pocket at the end of the week!! If I carried on this experiment throughout the year I could feed two people for a cost of £1,820 - bargin!

No comments:

Post a Comment